Race Jerseys and Trophy unveiled. Start list announced, the Sicilian race will be broadcast globally.
Tomorrow will mark the great return of Il Giro di Sicilia Open Fiber. The four-stage race, organized by RCS Sport / La Gazzetta dello Sport in conjunction with the Sicilian Region and scheduled from tomorrow to 6 April, unveiled today the Jerseys and the Trophy.
The race’s jerseys, designed and made by the Italian company Alé and part of the top of the range PRR collection, are:
- Maglia Rossa e Gialla (red and yellow), general classification leader, sponsored by the Sicilian Region, which plays with the colours of Sicily, alternating red and yellow in a series of abstract shapes
- Maglia Arancione (orange), sprinter classification leader, sponsored by NamedSport, which includes a graphic of the fruit symbol of Sicily
- Maglia Verde Pistacchio (pistacchio’s green), King of the Mountains classification leader, sponsored by Cantine Cellario, which references the colours of the earth, vineyards and the famous Sicilian dried fruit
- Maglia Bianca (white), young rider general classification leader, sponsored by the Ufficio Nazionale Israeliano del Turismo – citiesbreak.com
The Trophy for the winner of Il Giro di Sicilia represents the symbol of the Sicilian Region, the Trinacria, in a stylized form, which, combined with the colours, displays elements of the event’s logo.
The start list, announced today, includes a large group of teams featuring young and interesting riders as well as experienced veterans. Here’s the list of the 18 teams, of 7 riders each, with some key riders highlighted:
- UAE TEAM EMIRATES (UAE) – Petilli, Polanc
- AMORE & VITA – PRODIR (LAT) – Tizza, Ficara
- ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI – SIDERMEC (ITA) – Masnada, Belletti
- BARDIANI CSF (ITA) – Senni, Albanese
- COLDEPORTES BICICLETAS STRONGMAN (COL) – Cañaveral, Estrada
- D’AMICO UM TOOLS (ITA) – Mosca, Martinelli
- DELKO MARSEILLE PROVENCE (FRA) – Navardauskas, Finetto
- GAZPROM – RUSVELO (RUS) – Porsev, Rovny
- GIOTTI VICTORIA (ROU) – Onesti, Zurlo
- ISRAEL CYCLING ACADEMY (ISR) – Sbaragli, Badilatti
- KOMETA CYCLING TEAM (ESP) – Lopez, Sevilla
- NERI SOTTOLI SELLE ITALIA KTM (ITA) – Visconti, Velasco
- NIPPO – VINI FANTINI – FAIZANÈ (ITA) – Zaccanti, Nakane
- RALLY UHC CYCLING (USA) – McNulty, Tuft
- RIWAL READYNEZ CYCLING TEAM (DEN) – Eriksson, Quaade
- SANGEMINI – TREVIGIANI – MG.K VIS (ITA) – Totò, Puccioni
- TEAM COLPACK (ITA) – Baccio, Bagioli
- WANTY – GOBERT CYCLING TEAM (BEL) – Martin, De Clercq
Il Giro di Sicilia Open Fiber returns to the international cycling arena in style. Images of the race (produced live for two hours every day) will be broadcast all over the world.
In Italy, the race will have two hours broadcast live on Rai Sport +HD. In France the broadcaster will be La Chaine L’Équipe, while Eurosport will cover the race internationally across 53 European countries, in Australia and in 10 South-East Asia territories.
In the Far East, Japanese fans can follow the race live on DAZN; in New Zealand, the race will be broadcast by Sky Sports.
In the Americas, Il Giro di Sicilia Open Fiber will be broadcast live on the Fubo.TV and FloSports platforms (in the US and Canada), and on TDN in Mexico and Central America.
In all the remaining territories the race will be available in live streaming on the Olympic Channel platforms. Footage of the race will also be distributed around the world through SNTV