19 teams the start, including the 2021 winner Nibali
19 teams the start, the 2021 winner Nibali and the runner-up in the last Giro d’Italia Caruso among the riders expected at the start. The four leader jerseys are unveiled.
The list of the teams that we will see at the start of the third Il Giro di Sicilia EOLO, scheduled from 12 to 15 April and organised by RCS Sport in collaboration with Regione Siciliana, has been announced.
There are three teams of the UCI World Tour category, Astana Qazaqstan Team, Intermarchè-Wanty-Gobert Matériaux and Trek-Segafredo, to which will be added four UCI Pro Teams, eleven UCI Continental Teams and Daniele Bennati’s Italian National Team.
Among the names announced at the start with great ambitions are those of Vincenzo Nibali, multi Grand Tourd winner who won the past edition of this race; runner-up at the 2021 Giro d’Italia Damiano Caruso – who will ride with the Nazionale Italiana – Giro d’Italia stage winners Domenico Pozzovivo and Chad Haga, Under 23 World Champion Filippo Baroncini, Diego Rosa, Louis Meintjes, Andrii Ponomar, Benjamin King and Boy Van Poppel.
Il Giro di Sicilia EOLO, 12-15 April (19 formations of 7 riders each: 3 UCI WorldTeams, 4 UCI ProTeams, 11 UCI Continental Teams and the Italian National Selection)
- ASTANA QAZAQSTAN TEAM
- INTERMARCHÉ – WANTY – GOBERT MATÉRIAUX
- TREK – SEGAFREDO
- NAZIONALE ITALIANA
- BARDIANI CSF FAIZANE’
- DRONE HOPPER – ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI
- EOLO-KOMETA CYCLING TEAM
- HUMAN POWERED HEALTH
- EF EDUCATION – NIPPO DEVELOPMENT TEAM
- COLOMBIA TIERRA DE ATLETAS GW SHIMANO
- CYCLING TEAM FRIULI ASD
- D’AMICO UM TOOLS
- GIOTTI VICTORIA SAVINI DUE
- MG.K VIS COLORS FOR PEACE VPM
- TEAM CORRATEC
- TEAM QHUBEKA
- WORK SERVICE – VITALCARE – DYNATEK
- ZALF EUROMOBIL FIOR
The official start list will be announced in the upcoming days. For more information on the race, including routes, jerseys and sponsors, visit the site by clicking on this link.
IL GIRO DI SICILIA EOLO OFFICIAL LEADER JERSEYS
The leader jerseys of the Il Giro di Sicilia EOLO are produced with SITIP garments and designed by GOBIK.
- Maglia Giallo Rossa (Yellow/Red), leader of the General Classification, sponsored by Regione Siciliana
- Maglia Ciclamino (Cyclamen), leader of the Points Classification, sponsored dedicated to Made in Italy
- Maglia Verde Pistacchio (Green), leader of the Gran Premio della Montagna (KOM), sponsored by Enel Green Power
- Maglia Bianca (White), leader of the Young Riders Classification, born after 01/01/1997, sponsored by ENIT – Agenzia Nazionale del Turismo